Meet AquaIMPACT in Aquaculture Europe 2023 in Vienna! We will contribute with plenary presentations, scientific presentations, booths and host a public Final Conference in AE2023 conference. Meet our researchers and discuss about the latest results and the future of aquaculture.
Final Conference, open to public
Monday 18th September. 13:30-17:00
AquaIMPACT (Breeding & genomics / nutrition & genetics) Final Conference (open to all).
- Antti Kause. Natural Resources Institute Finland. Breeding for Resilience – Are we ready? Wednesday 20th, 09:00.
- Morten Rye. Benchmark. Breeding for Resilience – Are we ready? Wednesday 20th, 09:00.
Business area booth
- Dorset and WUR: A booth at the tradeshow together with Trovan Ltd., the demo unit created in AquaIMPACT, made for automatic fish phenotyping machine and software.
- SPAROS: A booth at the tradeshow, where Feednetics software upraded in AquaIMPACT will be one of the highlights.
Innovation Forum: “INNOVATION IN ACTION” – Focus on Breeding and Nutrition
Wednesday, September 20th 2023, 10:30-17:15.
- Morten Rye (Benchmark Genetics). Selective breeding and genomics – Driver for profitable and sustainable aquaculture production. Innovation Forum, Innovations in Breeding.
- Pierrick Haffrey (SYSAAF). Success of breeding programmes in Mediterranean aquaculture species. Innovation Forum, Innovations is in Breeding.
- Roland Stump (DORSET). Automatization and robotics in fish trait recording. Innovation Forum, Innovations in Breeding.
- Peter De Schryver (INVE Technologies). Solutions to improve health and performance in fish and shrimp culture. Innovation Forum, Innovations in Nutrition and Feeding.
- Ramon Fontillas (Skretting ARC). Novel raw materials for sustainable aquaculture. Innovation Forum Innovations in Nutrition and Feeding.
Oral presentation Title: ASSESSING EARLY UTILISATION OF VEGETABLE-BASED FEED AND ITS POSSIBLE INTERACTION WITH GENOTYPE AND EPIGENETICS IN ATLANTIC SALMON. Presenting author: K. Fernández. Co-authors: S. McMillan, M. Sprague, L. Martínez-Rubio, A. Norris, I. Stubhaug, R. Mukiibi, D. Robledo, M. B. Betancor. SESSION: Genomics, Post-Genomics, Epigenetics. DAY: Tuesday, September 19. SESSION TIME: 10:30 AM – 17:15 PM.
Oral Presentation Title: THE EFFECT OF GENETIC IMPROVEMENTS ON OPTIMAL FISH FEED FORMULATION: A TRAITS-TO-FEED FRAMEWORK. Presenting Author: Tomé Silva. Co-Authors: Filipe Soares, Ana Nobre, Luís Conceição, Antti Kause. SESSION: Contributed – Nutrition. DAY: Tuesday, September 19. SESSION TIME: 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM.
Oral Presentation Title: SINGLE-STEP GENOMIC PREDICTION IN GROWTH AND SEXUAL MATURITY TRAITS IN FINNISH RAINBOW TROUT (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Presenting Author: Andrei Kudinov. Co-Authors: Antti Nousiainen, Heikki Koskinen, Antti Kause. SESSION: Selective breeding. DAY: Thursday, September 21. SESSION TIME: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM.
Oral Presentation Title: GENOMIC ANALYSIS OF A DOWNGRADING TRAIT IN ATLANTIC SALMON USING FIELD DATA. Presenting Author: Anna Kristina Sonesson. Co-Authors: Siri Storteig Horn, Randi Nordstoga, Muhammad Luqman Aslam, Arnaud Lefrancois, Inger-Mari Pedersen, Ashie Norris. SESSION: Selective breeding. DAY: Thursday, September 21. SESSION TIME: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM.
Oral Presentation Title: MICROBIOTA AT THE WATER-FISH INTERFACE: THE CASE STUDY OF RAINBOW TROUT FED WITH A NOVEL FEED FORMULATION CONTAINING TENEBRIO MOLITOR MEAL. Presenting Author: Imam Hasan. Co-Authors: Antonia Bruno, Anna Sandionigi, Simona Rimoldi, Laura Gasco, Massimo Labra, Genciana Terova. SESSION: Microbiome. DATE Thursday, September 21. SESSION TIME: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Oral Presentation Title: GENETICALLY SUPERIOR SEA BASS (DICENTRARCHUS LABRAX) AND NUTRITIONAL INNOVATIONS: EFFECTS ON GUT MICROBIOTA. Presenting Author: Simona Rimoldi. Co-Authors: Daniel Montero, Silvia Torrecillas, Antonio Serradell, Pierrick Haffray, Barbara Hostins, Ramon Fontanillas, Francois Allal, Aline Bajek, Genciana Terova. SESSION: Microbiome. DAY: Thursday, September 21. SESSION TIME: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Chairs of scientific sessions, as AquaIMPACT partners
- Monica B Betancor (Fish nutrition – session)
- Jaume Pérez-Sánchez (Microbiota – session)
- Antti Kause (Selective breeding; Innovation Forum, Innovations in Breeding – session)
- Luis Conceição (Innovation Forum, Innovations in Nutrition and Feeding – session)