The work package on increased efficiency in silviculture (WP2) pursues a giant leap in silvicultural operations.
The detailed targets of the work are:
- to study and evaluate different soil preparation techniques concerning how it facilitates mechanized planting, especially with a continuously advancing planting machine.
- to develop and study efficient techniques and methods in mechanized early PCT operations.
- to develop and test innovative concepts of mechanized boom corridor thinning in young stands.
- to optimise of the chain of operations in forest regeneration from site preparation to PCT.
- to evaluate the effect of management unit size on economy in precision forestry.
Lead partner: Luke
Other partners: Metsägroup, Skogforsk, Metsäteho Oy, UPM, SLU, Stora Enso OYJ, CBB, SCA Skog AB, Holmen AB, Sveaskog, Stora Enso AB, Södra